'Suffolk Strangler' Steve Wright is arrested in jail on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall, 17, whose naked body was found in a ditch five days after she went missing on her way home from a nightclub in 1999

2 months ago
Please Share to your Social Media
Please Follow Naijamerit on Social Media
Man re-arrested in connection with the 1999 murder of Victoria Hall, 17He had previously been arrested in July 2021 on suspicion of her murder

By Oliver Price

Published: 12:44 EST, 7 December 2023 | Updated: 22:14 EST, 7 December 2023

‘SUFFOLK Strangler’ Steve Wright has been arrested for the unsolved murder of a 17-year-old girl in Suffolk more than 24 years ago.

Victoria Hall went missing on her way home from a nightclub in 1999. Her naked body was found in a ditch on September 24, five days later.

Suffolk Police reopened their investigation in 2019 after receiving fresh witness information, which they would not expand upon.

Wright killed Gemma Adams, Tania Nicol, Anneli Alderton, Paula Clennell and Annette Nicholls, before dumping their bodies around Ipswich in the winter of 2006.

Last night it was confirmed that Wright, who is currently serving a whole life sentence, was arrested in 2021 on suspicion of Victoria’s murder and subsequently released under investigation.

Victoria Hall was strangled and her body was discovered in a water-filled ditch on September 24, 1999, five days after she was last seen alive

Police close to the location where Vicky's body was found in Suffolk five days after she disappeared while on her way home from a nightclub 

He had not previously been arrested as part of the original inquiry in 1999.

Suffolk Police said the same man was re-arrested on Wednesday on suspicion of murder and taken into police custody for questioning.

The force said he was again released under investigation pending further inquiries.

Victoria, from Trimley St Mary, left home on the evening of September 18 1999 for a night out with a friend at the Bandbox nightclub in Felixstowe.

The girls left the club at around 1am the following morning and parted ways at around 2.20am, yards from Victoria’s home.

That was the last time she was seen alive.

Suffolk Police said a man was re-arrested on Wednesday morning on suspicion of murder of Victoria (pictured)

Graham and Lorinda Hall, the parents of Vicky Hall, 17, who was murdered in September 1999

Her parents awoke in the morning to discover their daughter had not returned home and a missing persons inquiry was launched.

Her body was found five days later in Creeting St Peter, around 25 miles from where she was last seen.

None of her clothing or possessions have been found.

Suffolk Police have said people can call the incident room directly on 01473 613513 or use the major incident public reporting portal at https://mipp.police.uk/operation/3637020112A02-PO2.

The force said that alternatively, anyone with information can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, or via their online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.

Read full article
Please Follow Naijamerit on Social Media